Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Sewing and Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a restful and pleasant holiday. We stayed home for the first time in 10 years and it was great! So nice not to be in the airport or on a long car trip. I do wish family lived closer or perhaps were a little more willing to come to us but... it was nice to stay home.

As one of our gifts I made all the peeps that were planning to be here Christmas morning matching PJs. So ok it was just us and my mom, but hey I made 3 pairs of PJs and a night gown. I used a red and white hounds tooth flannel and red fleece. I wanted them to be wintery rather than just Christmas-y so they will get worn all winter.

We had originally planned for M's sleeves to have elastic at the wrists but she decided she liked them open. But had to roll them up because they are really wide and fluffy. For her pants as well as mine I just traced our favorite PJ pants and made our patterns. This worked out great. Any commercial PJ pants pattern I have tried for either she or I has just not worked.

Marion tried her hand at photography once again. Here she told us to be silly.

I just thought that they look cute in this one.

Ok now that I have shown you my Christmas sewing I thought I would work on my New Year's Sewing Resolutions. I have personal ones but, they are the same as everyone else's. So here it goes:

- Finish the pants I started for myself, and if I like them make a couple more pairs.
- Make the shower curtain for my office bathroom, it looks so sad right now and needs a general fix up, new towels and such would be nice too.
- Work on personal sewing projects at least once a week. Sewing has gotten to be too much of a business and not enough fun.
- Make some clothes for myself rather than just other people.
- Keep my sewing room clean and organized.

That's it, pretty simple, right? Well we shall see if I can keep up with it.

Hope you made some reasonable resolutions as well as some pie in the sky ones. And that maybe this year you eat a slice of that pie from the sky!
Hugs!!
Peace Out - C  

No comments:

Post a Comment