Friday, August 27, 2010

Paying it forward and planning

Today I think I am going to have to stay home with with a sickly kid. Not sure what is up with her but she is just not totally herself. It will be fine, I am sure we will have lots of snuggles. It does sort of put me behind schedule but that's ok too.

Sadly my new cute pink camera is being set back to Vivitar. It got stuck on its settings and would not change so it is packed up to be mailed off. Which means no pictures today. But I will be able to get my old camera fired up and taking pictures, they just might be a little weird in color.

I did not get all my goal projects done this week. But I did pretty good. I did the PJ pants, I finished and mailed a pair of adapted PJ pants for Sew Much Comfort, and the brown twill pants are done but just need to be hemmed. The brown twill pants were much more work than I anticipated. Once I get a picture of them I will share the drama. But let's just say I was a little delusional in choosing which size to cut. 

Some notes about volunteering.

Just to let you know, I really like doing the SMC projects and think you should do some too. But they are not for beginning sewers. They have very specific directions and ways that they want things done. 

It does take a fair amount of time, it took me about 2.5 hours to finish the PJ pants. But I also have to say it is worth it because it is a great cause so if you are up for it you should become a volunteer with them too.

I firmly believe that giving of a unique talent and your time is even more valuable than giving money, but hey money is good too ;)
In additional volunteering news I am still working on the Choice Celebration for The Feminist Women's Health Center and I am co-chairing the planning of the Harvest Festival for Marion's school, The Clifton School. Additionally in the Spring I am planning to be involved with the school's big auction party, not yet been ropped into chairing that but.......

Other News

I have re-opened my Etsy Shop - Stems and I am sending in an application for my first craft fair! It is not until December so I have plenty of time to plan. But I do intend to have all sorts of fun accessories and stuff available for sale. As I get things ready I will post them for sale on Etsy as well. If you have any requests please let me know. Once I have gotten a couple more pieces done for the Self Stitched September Challenge I plan on switching gears and working on this stuff.

Hope you have a great day! We will be snuggling and watching movies most of the day I am guessing. I am a sucker for a good snuggle. And she looks extra cute when she is sleeping.

Peace Out! - C

No comments:

Post a Comment