Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fashion Show for Feminist Women's Health Clinic

For those who know me personally, you know I am a supporter of many causes. One of my current causes is The Feminist Women's Health Center tonight I am helping run their condom fashion show which is a part of their fall fund raiser aimed at getting younger peeps involved with the cause.


The thing I like most about the Center is that they are focused on education and prevention of disease and unwanted pregnancy. They have been working for reproductive justice for my whole life (they opened in 1977).  It sort of boggles my mind that womens rights are still an issue in this day and age, but they are.

Go to their website and read up if you want to know more. There will be a web page set up devoted to the fashion show. But here is a glimpse of my outfit.



Erin McKean over at A Dress A Day got some flack for posting a condom dress. My opinion is if you don't like it you don't have to read about it. But you are certainly free to express your opinion. Gotta love America! And our right to bitch about what ever we want to.

 Party is tonight 10/21/10, starts at 7, show it at 9 down at the Cosmopolitan Lounge in Midtown.

Whatever cause you support do it with your whole heart! I respect your choices. Just support something.

Peace Out - C

No comments:

Post a Comment