Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Once again we are basically skipping Thanksgiving. I am just not into it the past few years. The craziness, the travel. I love my peeps but would much rather see them all under less pressure. 

I am still working away on getting my stuff ready for the booth.


These are fabric flowers in progress. Some are a single piece of fabric ........

 
and others are individual petals. 

Some will be made into pin backed brooches. And others will be hair clips. I love both and wear both hair clips and brooches. But I have a fabric obsession so anything fabric is fantastic to me.


Who do you think wears it better? Me or Ms. Niecy Nash?

I think it is up for debate. But I am pretty sure her flowers are all store bought.  Let me know if you are interested in a tutorial and I will put one together for you.

I have to give a little shout out to my gal pal Diana who taught me how to make these creations. But as I usually do with things, I did them to the extreme and made them my own. When she was showing me how to make them she said, "that is the biggest fabric flower I have ever scene".

I guess that is a bit of a metaphor for how I live my life. But sometimes when you "Go Big or Go Home" you loose more than you anticipate. But at least I take chances is what people keep telling me.

As one of my best buds Lee Anne reminded me just this morning, "It is not going to say... she lead a boring life... on your tombstone!". Thanks Lee Anne I love you too!! (grammar was probably all wrong for that)

I am thankful for all my friends and family who have been supporting me through some tough personal stuff lately!  I love all of you! And those of you I will not see this weekend I hope to see you soon.

Ok so I have been all over the place with this post. A lot on my mind I guess. Have a Happy, Safe & Fun Turkey Day.

What are you thankful for this year?

Peace Out - C

No comments:

Post a Comment