Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yes, I can thread an industrial serger!

So last I wrote I was peeved at myself for buying this stupid #*&!@!! serger. Well the folks over at sewingmachine.com got me all fixed up. And now I can thread it all on my own. So far today I have threaded it twice! And the 2nd time was because I broke a thread and I think I even know why I broke a thread.

See that lovely piece of scrap on the left and how nicely it is serged! Yeah! Yeah! I did it! I did it! I did it!

I have to say I am feeling so much better about myself and my abilities that I cannot even explain it. I was so low about this and all the other drama in my life right now that I was ready to throw in the towel. But yesterday I took a "mental health day". Which really only ended up being a mental health morning. Right around noon I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and got up and called sewingmachine.com and they said come on back. So I did and they pointed out the tiny thing I was doing wrong!

So the front of the stitches is beautiful. The back not so much. But it took me months to get the tension and everything perfect on my home machine so I expect that will be the case with this new machine. I am just relieved it is up and running and I no longer feel like and idiot for buying in. Well for now any way.

Don't give up just because you have hit a bump in the road! Take a break and start again with fresh eyes. Now if I can remind myself of this every morning for the next couple of month I should make it out the other end for the better!

Hope you are getting over the hump on this lovely sunny hump day!

Peace Out!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment