I have a large number of buttons. I could go into the long story of why, but I will spare you. I also had a table that was a mess. If I was going to keep it, it needed work. So I painted it. But the top was pretty badly damaged and needed something to make it look better. I went to Lowes and bought some pretty tiles. But when I got them home I realized that they were to tall and would stick up too far off the table. So I looked around my studio for something else.
Buttons!! Yes buttons instead of tile became the answer. It took a while to get all these buttons glued down. I used good old E-6000. Which smells terrible, so I worked in the garage with a fan on and had to take frequent breaks. I did not want the glue to show. And I did not think any sort of grout would work. Therefore I put a small dot of glue on each button. Then I got sick of that so I would put a thin line of glue and stick buttons on that way for a while.
I also spray painted the lamps and put new lamp shades on them! The lamps were very outdated. I am sure they were expensive when my mom bought them in the 90s so at least they are getting a 2nd life rather than heading to Goodwill.
I think the overall effect turned out even better than I had hoped. It is simple and modern and still a little whimsical when you look close.
So if you have a giant bucket of buttons glue them to something! Or give them to me and I will find a use for them.
I better get back to the machine!
Peace out peeps,