Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back to reality

I am one of those people that can manage to make the celebration of my birthday last really long. But I finished off the last of the cake today and I am going to call it quits on the milking of the b-day. I got great gifts! Thanks everyone! And I got to have cake and champagne with some of my best buds. Who could ask for more?

As of tomorrow I have got to get back to working out and eating right! These are two of the tops things that help me function as a reasonable human being. So I need to do them. Eric is out of town and all this stuff usually goes to hell in a hand basket, but my mom is here so she is helping me a ton! She and the peanut have been hanging out and having a fab time together. 

Red with white polka dots
and BIG black bow from H&M. Wore it w/
leggings and super fab black patent
HIGH heel mary janes
I have not done much sewing over the past few days. I did not get my birthday dress finished, so I bought myself a birthday dress at H&M. I figure that since I am one of the people who wrote them letters saying they should come to Atlanta that I need to honor them with my patronage once in a while. I wish I had gotten a good pic of the full effect b/c I felt really cute!

Yesterday I did my first stint as a wardrobe guru (I gave myself that title) for a local film group Three Green People that is creating a web series called The Focal Point. I was good at it and it was way more fun than I expected. Well I didn't really know what to expect.  But the actors were interesting and the crew was really easy to work with. Have I found my new calling? I don't know but I am going to do it some more and see where it takes me.

For inspiration I started watching September Issue last night and hope to watch more tonight. It is a documentary about the queen of fashion, the editor of Vogue, Anna Wintour. She says that when she was 17 she wrote down as her career aspiration "to be the editor of Vogue", and look where the power of positive thinking got her!

I am a firm believer that the only think stopping you, is you! My goal for the week is to stick to my guns. My top personal priorities are:
Workout
Eat decently
SEW some stuff! (finish birthday dress, finish lap top case, make at least 1 preferably 2 shirts for myself)
Live the life I want!!!

What are you doing this week?
Peace Out - C

No comments:

Post a Comment