Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It is official, Summer is over.

Left - Lindsey Murray, Right Me!
We were on the Ski Lift at Ober Gatlinburg
This was the last weekend of Summer, and it was SUPER fun! We went to Gatlinburg TN to hang with some of our best buddies, The Murrays! I have known Lindsey since the first day of college orientation. We do not see each other often enough any more, but when we do we have a great time.




Marion peering out the window on the ride up the mountain
Summer is over and we must all get back to the daily grind. But do we really? Why can't we hold on to that easy breezy do fun things attitude that Summer gives you? Is it because at some point you have to be a grown up and go on with all the things you are supposed to be doing. Summer tends to be a time when you let yourself put a few things off.

Sadly I have been doing just that and my non-sewing to-do list far exceeds my fun sewing to do list today. The list is so long and boring I will not torture you with it because I am sure that on this first day of not Summer you have similar to do lists. If you do not you are lucky! Enjoy the feeling of freedom for me!

One thing I am going to do to keep my to do list in check is I am not allowed to volunteer to do anything else! No more! Since I do not work a traditional job I tend to say, "well I don't really have anything going on, sure I can do that." I don't know where I came up with this, but I do have a lot going on and I do not need a single thing more or I will tip the balance I have so greatly worked to achieve.

So here are my self-stitched outfits from the weekend. And my stupid camera decided to go all trippie on me again so not the best shot.

Sunday 9.5.2010
self-stitched shorts & headband
Monday 9.6.2010
Self stitched top
















Here is what I will really be thinking about while I go slogging through the to-do list of doom. Time to get my butt in gear! Talk to you soon......

Projects just waiting for me! 
Peace Out - C

No comments:

Post a Comment