Friday, November 12, 2010

Feels good to make progress

Those of you who know me personally know that I have had water damage in my sewing room.

I was kicked out of there since Monday because of this. But all the mold has been removed. The water has been dried up and we have a quote on how to get it fixed from someone who will guarantee their work this time. So things are looking up.

While I was out of my work room I was working in the dining room.

Eric was working up here too.
I was really hoping that this would be temporary so I did not drag my machines up. Just the ironing board and fabric and did a ton of cutting.


Now I have piles of stuff to sew up. And I got back into my sewing room today. I finished 2 aprons. But this "Buttered Toast" one is an item I am rather proud of.


Here is a close up of the fabric. Which makes the toasty pocket make more sense.


Aren't those little toasters cute?!? I took a simple half apron and added the little toasty pocket to jazz it up. It will be for sale at my booth at the Decatur Holiday Marketplace. Coming soon - another toasty apron. The next one will be a full apron with a ruffle and a toasty pocket.

Seriously I love it.


Sometimes sewing is just plain fun! What fun things have you been up to lately?

Peace Out - C

p.s. let's hope it does not rain before I can get my dang house fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment