Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Easy snack bags!

Today I was working on another project and it ripped! I am SO frustrated that I had to switch to something else while I process the ripped project and figure out what to do with it. I was not sure what I wanted to move on to next so I decided to do a little digging through my fabric stash.

I found lots of semi-lost treasures and settled on what ended up being a very simple and satisfying project. Snack Bags!


Over a year ago I bought some polyurethane lined (aka PUL) fabric intending to make these little bags. Why am I only getting around to this now? Who knows? Life got in the way.

They are based on an old fashioned fold over sandwich bag, the only kind they had when I was a kid. Also when I was a kid (in the 80's the age of excess) recycling was not popular and I am sure I went through hundreds of plastic bags.

Now my own daughter is is need of sacks for her snacks and I have finally been guilted into making some re-usable ones.

I cannot take the credit for coming up with these. Though they make perfect sense and I should have. But here is the link to the tutorial where I got the idea:
Angry Chicken Makes Sandwich Bags
She went to the trouble of doing the tutorial and so you should check it out!

But if making these is not your cup of tea, well you can buy some from me! More colors avaiable just shoot me an email if you are interested.
Chrissy's Sandwich Bags on Etsy 

Have a great hump day!

Peace Out - C

No comments:

Post a Comment