Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween was fun!

I have said a few times that Halloween is the high point of the year and that it all goes downhill after that. Well I still stand by that sort of. We had a great time last night, but Trick or Treating was cut short because M was not feeling well. I am pretty sure she is alright and just need some food and rest.

And please forgive me any typos today. I had my eyes dilated and am still not seeing quite right so typing is easy but reading the screen is giving me trouble. 


Here we all are in our Halloween finest. Eric looks a little more like a zombie than a vampire but I am going to blame that on the fact that he would not wear the fangs I bought him.

Miss M wore her sweet little monkey suit, I have to say I am sort of glad she is a bit of a tom boy and we did not have to deal with any of the issues of the fact that girls Halloween costumes (the store bought ones) can be a little tarty.

Yesterday on the way out the door she decided to add wings and a wand and be a monkey fairy. This pose in particular is a little reminiscent of the flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz. But still painfully cute!
I wanted to make sure I showed you a good shot of her tail b/c that sucker took me an hour to make. It is so long and skinny it was hard to turn that much fabric and then stuff it. But it sort of makes the costume so it was well worth it.

I wore my big haired 50's gal costume. And it was a big hit. I wore it to work at the shop and got lots of comments. I was pretty fun. I basically just wore a shirt and sweater that I had. I made the skirt out of an old formal dress and added the shoes. Magically I happened to have a pair of socks that matched perfectly. Oh yeah and the wig and glasses. It was hard to see out of those things so now I have had 2 days of weird eye sight!

Eric's costume was more put together than made. The wig was all weird and sticky up and I never managed to bother to deal with it. But somehow it worked. I had only about 3 minutes to do his makeup and he would not wear the fangs so a little like a zombie / vampire. But he somehow looks so young in the pictures. Maybe he really is a vampire, the never get old you know!

Well now that Halloween is over I guess it is time to move on to planning Thanksgiving. Hope you had a safe and fun time last night and I will talk to you soon!

Peace Out - C

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Eric looks... so different. I've never really seen the mean/scary Eric look, but this is definitely one of them. Eric, if I ever need someone to scare away the threatening mean people in my life, will you come to my rescue??
    Marion is such a cute monkey; I was definitely thinking of Oz when I saw the wings!!
    ~Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pearl - I agree he looked scarey. Yep he could probably help you out!

    ReplyDelete