Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to the Blog! Studio Re-do For Real! Part 1

I took a major break from then blog and as I said I would worked on some living of life. It has been nice! But I feel like I have been up to some blog worthy projects so I decided to do some blogging about my studio re-do and then just go from there.

This re-do has been a LONG time coming. You may (or may not) remember I first announced that I get to re-do my sewing room back on November 18, 2010. Since that was getting terribly close to 2 years ago we will call those the before before pictures. I did manage to get the walls closed back up by December of 2010 but then it sat like that for well... since then.

Then on September 22, 2011 I did some re-organizing with out really addressing the problem areas. Kind of like giving in and buying bigger clothes even though you plan to loose weight. Actually it felt exactly like that, but let's not go down that road it is a whole other blog.

As you know we went to NYC for 6ish months and since my business was shut down it finally felt like a natural progression to leave it shut down and get this stuff done.

So here is my studio before (about 2 weeks ago).  You can see the wall under the bay window where it is just drywall. I pulled up the hideous carpet and discovered beat up cement floor beneath it.

There were tons of holes in the cement so I used an entire can of cement patch and filled them so that the floor at least looks complete. It will never be smooth. And I am ok with that.

I am just showing you the pictures of the most interesting stuff. There was lots of time spent working on boring things and many hours of watching paint dry while drinking coffee and "thinking".


In short I patched and painted the ceiling, walls, all trim (including 2 doorways, a closest and that bay window), and the floor.  Oh and I painted the bathroom.





I am also painting a design on the floor but it is so amazing and awesome, that it deserves it's own blog post. It will be part 2 of this series and I hope to something it is ready and I can tell you all about it in the next couple of days.

What have y'all been up to while I was on my break?  I will work on letting you see my Shanghai Pictures soon.

Peace Out - C

No comments:

Post a Comment