Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Dress For Myself!

Every now and then I manage to make some time to make something for myself. I bought this blue silk jersey at Mood in the summer of 2011. And this summer (2013) is when I finally got inspired and made time to make myself a dress.

Part of the problem was my slight fear of jersey, but I think I am pretty much over that now. Also I was not sure what style would showcase this awesome fabric. But as usual I waited and it all fell in place.


I inherited boxes and boxes of vintage patterns. And this one Carefree Patterns from McCall's 4901 from the 70's is what inspired this dress.


Hopefully you can see this sleeve detail that I made channels and created these ruched sleeves. It is really cute. The cut of the dress is amazingly forgiving and flattering. And it only took me about an hour to make this dress. It is only 2 pieces, 2 side seams and then the simple draw string shoulders.

Also right now I am in a blue phase, so much of the fabric I am buying is blue.  Maybe next thing I make I will branch out and make something not blue and a little more structured.

Hope you are having a great week so far.
Peace Out - C

No comments:

Post a Comment